Why is garlic so good for your health? Primarilly, it is from the chemical compound allicin, the wonder therapeutic agent for its healingl qualities. The allicin compound contains sulfur, and itgives garlic its pungent savor and peculiar smell. Health benefits of garlic are astounding. It helps fight heart ailments. It fights colds, cough, and lowersblood pressure level.
Garlic is among the oldest known medicinal plants. The curative qualities of this herb dates back some 3000 years.. Sir Louis Pasteur, the discoverer of penicillin, used the anti-bacterial qualities of garlic as far back as1858. The World War medical surgeons used garlic juice as an anti-septic for treating war wounds. Garlic contains useful minerals including phosphorous, iron and calcium, and trace minerals such as iodine, chlorine and sulfur. And of course there are also the compounds such as allicin, allisatin 1 and allisatin 2.
Health Benefits of Garlic Tincture
- Diabetes: Diabetes could harm the kidneys, nervous system functions, cause heart disorders and even lead to poor eyesight. The tincture of garlic may aid diabetic patients from these side-effects.
- High cholesterol levels: There are two kinds of cholesterol, LDL and HDL. The former is bad for human health. Garlic is rich in allicin compound which effectively prevents LDL cholesterol from oxidization. All those who have high cholesterol level can include garlic in their daily diet.
- Hypertension: It is an herbal ingredient for curing hypertension. When exposed to high levels of pressure, allicin present in garlic relaxes the blood vessels. Garlic also fights against thrombosis by reducing the platelet aggregation.
- Digestion: Daily inclusion of garlic in diet aids in eliminating any digestive problems. Garlic assists in normal functioning of the intestines for good digestion. Even any swelling or irritation of the gastric canal may be rectifies with garlic treatment.
- Eye care: Garlic is rich in nutrients like Selenium, Quercetin and Vitamin C. These help treat eye infections and swellings.
- Earache: Thee are several antiviral, antifungal and antibiotic properties. Garlic oil can be made at home by squeezing the juice of garlic cloves and adding this juice to olive oil.
- Intestinal problems: Garlic tincture clears most intestinal problems like dysentery, diarrhea, and even colitis. Its role in dispelling worms is legendary. It does not affect the useful organisms in the intestine, which aid in digestion. It destroys only the harmful bacteria present in intestine.
- Cold: Raw garlic tincture is used to treat cold and cough. At the very onset of cold, take 2 droppers full of organic garli tincturec, which will thereby kill the bacteria and viruses causing the problems.
- Infected wounds: Garlic tincture can be squirted generously directly on infected wounds, or mix with a little water, rather than using it full strength, as the direct tincture can irritate the skin.
- Acne: Many people in the world suffer from mild to sever forms of acne. Garlic may be used along with other ingredients like honey, cream and turmeric to remove acne scars and even prevent acne growth. Garlic acts as a cleanser and antibiotic for soothing skin rashes.
- Asthma: Boiled cloves of garlic do wonders for asthma treatment, or just take 2 droppers full of the organic tincture. Each night before going to sleep, a dropper full of organic garlic tincture can bring subsequent relief..
- Sexual impotencys: Garlic has aphrodisiac properties, which could be utilized as an effectual sex rejuvenator. The health benefits of garlic are further known to enhance the libido prowess of both men & women. People who overindulge in sexual activities should take garlic in diet or supplement form to protect their selves from sheer nervous fatigue.
- Cancer: Regular intake of garlic reduces the risk of colon, stomach and esophageal cancer. It aids in reducing the production of carcinogenic compounds. It also reduces the occurrence of tumor and breast cancer.
More on This Wonderful Herb
- The health benefits of garlic were realized centuries ago by mankind. Garlic is very effective when eaten raw-(crushed or chopped). Just one clove per day may bring vast improvement in your over al health. 2 to 3 cloves could prevent an attack of common cold. Garlic used in cooking should be added last for more benefit. But, taking too much garlic is also not very god as it may cause irritation in the digestive system. Garlic should be added as a part of healthy normal diet, it need not be used as an alternative. The only drawback being its pungent smell and taste that leaves a bad breadth, garlic is a medicinal boon for mankind.
These products have not been reviewed by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose or treat any disease.